Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moving....


So, for those of you that don't know, Burt and I have been trying to save our home from the F- word. Foreclosure. We lost yesterday. Our home went to auction at 1pm and started at $209,000. There were no bidders, so our home now belongs to the bank. As far as I can tell we don't have alot of time to move. We have prepared our kids for a possible move from the start, even though we really wanted to work something out with the mortgage company. All along they have been less than helpfull. In all this time they gave us no option except reinstatement (which is to pay all past due plus late and legal fees in one payment). Don't they think, if we had it, we wouldn't have been late in the first place? This s000- sucks.

But at the same time it is a blessing. We bought our house at the end of the boom, so we paid alot for it. Houses in our area today are being sold for $100,000 less than we paid. We never would have been able to refinance or even sell it. It is hard because this is my dream house. We have plenty of room for all our kids and we finally got a dog. I love the layout and my huge closet. We have a dining room that is big enough that we all can sit and eat at the same time. That in itself is great. We love the neighborhood and our ward is fabulous. They have been such a help in difficult times.

My mom told me that "it is just a roof over your head" and that "you can just get another one". On one hand she is absolutely right, but on the other....this is my home. I have made it mine. I painted a wall red in my living room. I have always wanted a red wall, but never thought that I could pull it off. I have bought and sold furniture on craigslist so I could "upgrade" within my budget. I finally decided on an american flag theme for the living room. It goes great with the red wall.

It's just a house I can get another one and start all over again. It just sucks.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh vickie, I am so,so,so, sorry. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. Please know that I of you and am always here.

CJ said...

I'm so sorry about your home.:( This downturn has and continues to be so brutal, but it really hurts when it happens to people you know, love, and care about. Are you going to stay in this area?

Grandma Sharon says. . . said...

I am so sorry about your house. I guess things will work out for you. You know whose in charge. He loves us all.