Monday, March 23, 2009

Emily Goes to Nursery !!!!

This last Sunday we let Emily go to Nursery. It wasn't really by choice. I was teaching the lesson in Relief Society and about an hour before church Burt was asked to teach the High Priests, so that left us with no one to watch Emily. I agreed with Burt to let her try out Nursery. After talking with her teacher and letting her know the situation she promised to watch Emily Very closely. I left and then came right back in to take some pictures. This is her saying "CHEESE!".At first she seemed fine. She waved goodbye to me with no problems. I stood at the door and watched her through the window for a little while. After I felt semi-confidant that she would be ok, I left to go to class.
After I taught, I walked into the hallway ready to race to the Nursery to get Emily. Burt had gotten her and she looked sooo- SAD. Her eyes were all puffy and red and she had snot running down her face. Burt said she was sitting there with big crocodile tears in her eyes. Her teacher said she did good, at first, then she would just get sad and start to cry. She just didn't know anyone there.

She fell asleep on the way home. Emily had a decent first experience. We'll let you know how it shapes up!


4 comments:

Heather said...

Sweet baby!!! That makes me cry!!! Vickie I cannot wait to see her!!!!!!!! I just want to hold her and love her and kiss her like crazy. You know we will be there for the races right??? We have to see you!!!

Arizona mom to eight said...

Oh goodness, that is heartbreaking, sweet little dollybaby. I always felt so sad when my little ones cried in the nursery. She will do better once she gets to know folks.

Grandma Sharon says. . . said...

Maybe you should have waited to get the picture after nursery. She do better next time and so will her parents. She is so sweet.

Strader's Funny Farm said...

It's sad when they don't enjoy nursery at first, but it will get better. Our Cameron took easily to nursery because he was so used to working with therapists. He thought it was just another therapy.