Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Garden........

This is the humble beginning of our Family Garden. We were going to try container gardening but thought this would be better in proportion to our family. We took a piece of "fertile ground" and cleared off all the rocks. Then Burt loosened up all the dirt. Here we added potting soil and everyone helped to mix it up. Abby is telling everyone where we had missed.

Man this is tiring work!
This is where the kids started to get bored.








What's a friendly "sword fight" between siblings?




Here they are planting the seeds.







And AJ is planting a Marigold border.






This is a picture of the finished project !!! On the first row (from the left), we transplanted Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Strawberries. The second row is all carrots from seed. The third row is peppers, radishes, and cucumbers. The fourth row is potatoes, onions and more onions!!




This was taken 1 week after we planted everything. I think it started off well!!! I can't wait to make salsa from my garden !!!!!







2 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Way to put the family to work (especially Burt). I had to laugh at the pictures of your girls climbing the walls, because I remember doing that when I was a kiddo.

Side note: Yeah! for Emily! Nursery will be great for her! Melanie's only 15 months old, but I've snuck into nursery with her once before and plan to do it again this Sunday. She loved it!

Arizona mom to eight said...

I love a big plot for gardening, my trees cast too much shade for one now. I hope you have a bountiful harvest.