Monday, March 9, 2009

2009 Ragnar

This is from Burts blog. "RAGNAR!!! This is what I live for. The one race I look forward to all year. You see, racing hurts. Ragnar hurts. It hurts bad. But the difference is, you have 11 friends rooting you on the whole time. And that helps. This is the race that got me back into running. It's the race that changed my unhealthy lifestyle. I owe my life to Ragnar. (Cheesy enough?)"

While it may be "CHEESY", it is also true. He talks about this race all year. He has done it 4 times now. Ragnar is not just any race. This is a 204 mile relay race, starting in Prescott, ending in Mesa, with teams of 12 people in 2 vans. Their slogan is "Run! Drive! Sleep? Repeat!". Not much sleeping though.

Burt again "Overall we came in 59th place. I was hoping for another top 25% finish, but we barely missed it. But with all the changes to the team at the last minute, I'll take it. To see everyone at the finish line together was awesome. And now I remember why I keep doing this every year."

They came in 59th out of 223 teams !!!! Way Awesome!!!











1 comment:

Heather said...

That is so awesome. Burt you are amazing. I am so proud of your entire family and all of the running they do. Not just for themselves but mostly for charity. You guys rock. Love you all.